Hi Carson Ward Family, Family and Friends,
"Come, ye thankful people, come; Raise the song of harvest home.
All is safely gathered in Ere the winter storms begin.
God, our Maker, doth provide For our wants to be supplied.
Come to God's own temple, come: Raise the song of harvest home.
All the world is God's own field, Fruit unto his praise to yield,
Wheat and tares together sown, Unto joy or sorrow grown.
First the blade and then the ear, Then the full corn shall appear.
Lord of harvest, grant that we Whole-grain and pure may be. "
(Come, Ye Thankful People, Hymn # 94, LDS Hymn Book)
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Let us all be thankful not just this time of year, but all year long. How blessed we all are to live in this country where we enjoy the freedoms we do. How thankful we are for all those who have fought and given of their lives to protect the freedoms we enjoy daily. Let us thank them each day and our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ for freedom and the gospel in our daily lives!
Once again I am excited about how the members are preparing their homes and families. Last night I was at a member's home and notice the family had #10 cans of freeze-dried/dehydrated food from Honeyville. It makes my heart sing when I see the members getting prepared!
Please add the following items, one of each per kit, to your 72 Hour Emergency Individual Personal Hygiene Kits:
1) Emergency Reflector Space Blanket (Emergency.Essentials.com has them for $1.25 each or you can purchase them at camping/sporting goods stores)
2) Small tube of Sun Screen
3) Prescriptions and any other medications your family member takes (remember, enough for 3 days or more)
Congratulations! You have just completed a 72 Hour Emergency Individual Personal Hygiene Kit for each family member. Put all the items in a large plastic zip lock bag and place the bag in each 72 Hour Emergency Individual Backpack for each family member. You should have the following items in each kit in a large plastic zip lock bag---
1) Small comb and/or brush
2) Small bottle of shampoo and rinse, better to get the type that requires not rinsing out to converse your water
3) Small bottle or tube of hand lotion
4) Bar of soap with a wash cloth in a plastic zip lock bag
5) Small bottle of liquid soap
6) Small bottle of hand sanitizer
7) Deodorant (adults)
8) Baby wipes (small package)
9) Roll of toilet paper
10) Small tube of Sun Screen)
11) 2-3 Respirator masks per person
12) Emergency Reflector Space Blanket
13) Heavy work gloves
14) Prescription and other medications as needed, enough for 3+ days
Spiritual Assignment (Continue to read the Book of Mormon daily)
This week read the following:
Remember: Post your name and comment at the end of the blog posting to have your name entered into our FREE Monthly Giveaway Drawing to be held next Sunday, November 27th.