Hi Carson Ward Family, Family and Friends,
Congratulations to the George and Vai Fuailefau Family! They won November's FREE Monthly Giveaway Drawing. They won a kit with the following items in it: Camping Mess Kit, Silverware set, Heat Cell (Like Sterno. Last for 10 hours of cooking), Water Proof Matches, and a small Hand Crank 3 LED Light Flashlight. This can either be put in the 72 Hour Emergency Preparedness Family Bag or a 72 Hour Emergency Preparedness Individual Backpack.
For the month of December I will be taking a break from the Carson Ward Emergency Preparedness Blog. Many will be busy with Christmas parties, Christmas shopping and family get togethers. But continue to add to your Food Storage and Emergency Preparedness items. I do have a Temporal Assignments for the month of December.
Have a spiritual and fantastic Christmas and New Year!
Temporal Assignments for December and this week:
1. Give each family member a 72 Hour Emergency Backpack with the 3 kits (Food Kit, Personal Hygiene Kit and Stressor Kit) inside? See October 9, 2011 blog posting for the Individual Food Kit and November 19, 2011 blog posting for the Persoanl Hygiene Kit. (Just keep scrolling down until you get to them) And see the Posting on the right side under 72 Hour Emergency Kits for the Stressor Kit, which we will be working on again in January, the other two are mentioned there too.
2. Give each family member $10-$20 and have them purchase an item the family needs for your Food Storage and/or Emergency Preparedness items. Give them a list of the things you need. Of course, you will need to help the young ones. You may even put the items in a jar to draw out an item and that is what they will purchase, no duplicates this way. But, remember it is a secret until Christmas morning when the family opens the presents. It is always good to get the family involved. See the blog "Postings" on the right for ideas.
3. Continue to add items to your Food Storage and rotate out almost expired items and use them. This is an ongoing process!
4. Purchase a 55 gallon Water Barrel and fill with water. Or, purchase other bottled water for storage, it will only keep for a year. See the blog posting "Water Storage" for the place to purchase them in Long Beach and how to prepare the water to store.
5. Be creative in ways to give Food Storage and Emergency Preparedness items as Christmas gifts this year!
Continue reading the Book of Mormon and try to finish before the end of this year. You can follow the guideline in the 2011 Stake Director in the back we have been following.
Remember: Post you name and comment to have your name entered into the December FREE Monthly Giveaway Drawing.