Thursday, April 26, 2012

Weekly Assignment and Food Storage Ideas (Week of April 29th)

Hi Carson Ward Family, Family and Friends,

Quote:

"Experience has taught me that if we, like President Monson, exercise our faith and look to God for help, we will not be overwhelmed with the burdens of life. We will not feel incapable of doing what we are called to do. We will be strengthened, our lives will be filled with peace and joy...."  Elder Carl Bert Cook of the Quorum of the Seventy

I hope...

I hope you and your family are striving to not only be prepared temporally but spiritually too.
I hope this Emergency Preparedness Blog is helping you and your family become more self-reliant as we have been couseled by our General Authorities, Stake and Ward Leaders.
I hope you are using the "Postings" on the right side and "Weekly Assignments" to guide you in becoming self-reliant.
I hope you are adding at least one item of food weekly to your Food Storage, more if possible.
I hope you have a months supply of water stored for your family. You can live without food for a month, but you can only live without water for 3 days.
I hope you are setting up emergency supplies for medical, sanitation, shelter, lighting, heating, and cooking so you will not be caught unprepared if a disaster hits our area. There will be no outside help for several days, maybe even weeks!
I hope you are setting aside $1-$2 a week in your Emergency Preparedness Fund/Jar. All you have to do is give up one fast food soda drink a week and put that money in your Fund.
I hope you have a 72 Hour Personal Emergency Backpack Kit for each family member. I hope you have one at work and your children have one at school.
I hope you have a 72 Hour Family Emergency Bag.
I hope you have a home fire emergency plan, an earthquake plan, an evacuation plan, and an out of state contact person that each family members knows. I hope you practice them monthly.
I hope you and your family are prepared as much as possible.

I know the things above cannot be done in a day or a week, they take time. But as long as we are striving to become self-reliant Heavenly Father will bless us. I find that so many of our Ward members, and especially our neighbors, are not as prepared as they should be, some are not prepared at all. I think they think others will take care of them, no need to worry. But what about The 10 Virgins? What happened to the 5 that were not prepared?

Why?

Why am I so adamant about our Ward, our families and our neigbhors becoming self-reliant, having food storage, water and being prepared? Why do I drive you crazy always talking about it and warning you? Becasue I have been given a warning by the Spirit to help others to become prepared. I do not know what is coming, but I do know that some thing is coming, some thing big and worse than we can ever imagine! We are promised, "If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear"!

Listen to our Prophets warnings....


April Goals: Sanitation and Adding Grains, Rice and Cereals to our Food Storage

Correction:
On previous blog postings I had down for our April Goals to add Dry Pastas. Please disregard that goal, it is included in a future monthly goal.

Portable Toilets: Anyone who signed up for the Portable Toilet (and 6 Enzyme Packets and Cat Liter), I have to have your $20 by this coming Sunday, April 29th. If I do not have your money I will not be able to order your toilet. I am ordering them on Monday, April 30th.

Weekly Assignments:

1. Sanitation: This week add more toilet paper and/or baby wipes to your Emergency Sanitation Supplies.
Costco has a case of baby wipes, 900 count, for $19.95.

2. Grains, Rice and Cereals: This week add more of these items to your food storage. See the other April postings to know what types of grains, rice and cereals there are and how much to store per person in your family. Only store what your family will eat!

Food Storage Tips:

1. “Quick and Easy and 'Psychological Foods' - Quick and easy foods help you through times when you are psychologically or physically unable to prepare your basic storage items. "No cook" foods such as freeze-dried are wonderful since they require little preparation, MRE's (Meal Ready to Eat), such as many preparedness outlets carry, canned goods, etc. are also very good. "Psychological Foods" are the 'goodies' - Jello, pudding, candy, etc. - you should add to your storage.


These may sound frivolous, but through the years I've talked with many people who have lived entirely on their storage for extended periods of time. Nearly all of them say these were the most helpful items in their storage to "normalize" their situations and make it more bearable. These are especially important if you have children.” (Vicki Tate, author of “Cook With Home Storage")

2. Purchase a cook book on how to cook with grains (wheat, oatmeal, rice, etc). Practice by using the recipes so when there is a disaster you will know how to cook with grains. Keep it with your Food Storage.
Remember: Post your name and comment for our Sunda, April 29th FREE Monthly Giveaway Drawing. To be held this Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. I love the video you posted. We have been warned for so long I think because we do procrastinate or put off so much It really helps to be reminded and encouraged to be better prepared. thank you Nancy
    for your diligence in helping us all get there.

    ReplyDelete