Hi Carson Ward Family, Family and Friends,
Congratulations to Layne Silva! She won January's "FREE Monthly Giveaway Drawing". She won a Butane One Burner Stove with two cans of Butane fuel. Everyone should have one of these and extra fuel for emergency cooking. You can use them in your home and they work great for cooking in an emergency situation, or even camping. You can purchase them for about $12-$15 and the fuel for about $1.50 per can at Marukai in Gardena or on Sepulveda in Torrance (across the street from Toys R Us).
Wow! February is already here! A new month and new goals to focus on. February is our CPR, First-aid and Emergency Preparedness theme.
This month we are having a CPR and First-aid class sponsored by the American Red Cross on Saturday the 25th from 9:00am-3:30pm. We will have a Pot-luck Salads and Deserts Lunch with sandwiches provided. You must sign up for this class by Sunday, February 12th to participate. Please contact Sister Nancy Cuppett by email (email@example.com or phone 310-835-0902). Please, only our Ward members can attend the class.
1) Please purchase an updated First-aid book if yours is too old or if you do not already have one. Keep the book either with your First-aid kit or with your Family Emergency Medical Supply Kit. You should have one for your home and one for your car. We will be working on the Family Emergency Medical Supply Kit this month too.
2) Family Emergency Medical Supply Kit (this week add the following or replace as needed):
1. Different sizes of bandages, regular to extra large (CVS, Walgreens, WalMart, Target, etc.)
2. Package of Sanitary Pads (great absorbers for a large wound or when there is a lot of blood)
3. Antibiotic cream (99 Cent Store, Dollar Tree, drug stores, what the expiration date)
4. 2 Ace bandages (99 Cent Store, Dollar Tree, CVS, Walgreens, WalMart, Target, etc.)
5. Sharp Scissors
Place all these items in a large plastic container marked Family Emergency Medical Supplies. Keep in a convenient place, like a closet. Make sure your family knows where it is and it is only used for emergencies.
The week purchase items for your 3 Months Food Storage. Replace any items that need rotated.
Food Storage Idea:
When you store prescription drugs, vitamins and supplements they need to be keep in a dark bottle and stored in a dark dry cool place.
Remember: Put your name and comment for our February FREE Monthly Giveaway Drawing.