Hi Carson Ward Family, Family and Friends,
Congratulations to the Lawson Family! They won the February FREE Monthly Giveaway Drawing. They won a Seychelle Filtration Water Bottle and a LED Solar Flashlight.
Congratulations! As a Ward we have become more prepared to take care of emergency medical situations. Thirty-eight Ward members attended the American Red Cross CPR, First-aid and Emergency Preparedness class on Saturday and became certified in CPR and First-aid. We really appreciate the four young women from the California Safe Core who volunteered their time to come and teach the American Red Cross classes. I also know we have other Ward members who were already CPR and First-aid Certified.
As we close February's goal, Medical Emergency Preparedness, I would like to encourage each person to continue to practice and review the things we learned yesterday and teach your families. You never known when you may save someone's life by knowing what to do when some is chocking, stopped breathing, is in shock, has a severe cut or broken bone, or has a head, neck or back injury. You knowledge and willingness to act may save someone's life and bless their family.
Our goal for March is Gardening/Fruit Trees, and Beans and Rice.
March 2012 Ensign: What a wonderful surprise when I opened my newly arrived March Ensgin yesterday to find not one, but two articles about Emergency Preparedness and Home Storage, page 18 ("Follow the Prophet") and page 62 ("Everyday Home Storage"). I encourage everyone to read it and share it with your family, friends and neighbors. Great ideas and stories about how their Food Storage helped them.
I. Add the following to your Emergency Family Medical Supplies:
1) Antiseptic/alcohol wipes (CVS, Rite-aid, Walgreens, Target, Walmart, etc)
2) Box or package of Latex gloves (CVS, Rite-aid, Walgreens, Target, Walmart)
3) Lighter or matches (to sterilize items like needles if no gas burner)
4) 2-3 old magazines or 4-6 paint sticks from the paint store (they make good splints for broken arms and legs)
Note: Because we got a late start this month I will continue these items into March.
You should have the following items in your Emergency Family Medical Supplies:
1. Different sizes of bandages, regular to extra large
2. Package of Sanitary Pads
3. Antibiotic cream
4. 2 Ace bandages
5. Sharp Scissors
6. 2 bottles of Peroxide
7. 2 bottles of Alcohol
8. Petroleum Jelly (1 large or 2 small)
9. Eye wash solutions
11. Two tweezers (1 regular, 1 small)
12. 2 bottles of Hand sanitizer
13. Antifungal ointment/cream
14. Pain relievers (non-asprin tyupe, acetaminophen, ibuprofen for both adults and children)
16. Antiseptic/alcohol wipes (CVS, Rite-aid, Walgreens, Target, Walmart, etc)
17. Box or package of Latex gloves (CVS, Rite-aid, Walgreens, Target, Walmart)
18. Lighter or matches (to sterilize items like needles if no gas burner)
19. 2-3 Old magazines or 4-6 paint sticks from the paint store (they make good splints for broken arms and legs)
***Place all these items in a large plastic container marked Family Emergency Medical Supplies. Keep in a convenient place, like a closet. Make sure your family knows where it is and it is only used for emergencies.
II. Set up at least two home fire emergency escape plans. Place the escape plans on the back of each bedroom and family room door. Practice them with your family. Have family fire drills.
III. Teach your family what to do in an earthquake, flood, Tsunami. See the "Postings" on the right for information. Have family earthquake drills. Make your home earthquake safe.
IV. Set up a family escape plan if you have to evacuate your area and a place to meet if your family is separated. Also, each family member should have an out of state contact person to call and report where they are and how they are doing. See the"Posting" on the right for information.
Always be in tune with the Spirit, be aware of what is going on around you, be informed. Be aware of what is going on in your neigborhood, community, state, county and the world. Following the Spirit and knowing can protect you and your loved ones.
Remember: Post you name and comment for our FREE Monthly Giveaway Drawing.