Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Hello Carson Ward Family,
Welcome to the new Carson Ward Emergency Preparedness Blog. We are in the process of setting up this blog to help the ward family members with Emergency Preparedness. We will be continually add ideas and helpful items on becoming Self-Reliant.
I am compiling 30 years of gathering Emergency Preparedness information and experience, and putting into this Ward website so everything is easily accessed by our Ward members.
"The best storehouse is the family storeroom".. "Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing." ...President Gordan B. Hinckley (1910-2008) (Doctrince and Covenants 109:29)
Weekly posting and Giveaway
Each week we will give you Emergency Preparedness ideas, give you a weekly and monthly challenge and have a Giveaway drawing monthly for all those who check out our blog during the month by posting a comment at the end of our weekly post starting with this Welcome posting. Each time you post a comment for that week (just something simple and your name anonymously at the end of each post) your name will go into a drawing for the month, if you post a comment 4 times a month, you will have 4 chances to win the monthly prize. The Giveway prize will be something to help you with your family emergency preparedness items. If you have ideas and successes to share please email Sister Nancy Cuppett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope this blog will help you and your family "prepare every needful thing" so your family will feel safe, secure and at peace.
Our goals for each Ward family are: (some items below are still a work in progress)
1. Water Storage and Water Barrels
2. 72 Hours Kits (one for each family member)
3. Car Emergency Kits
4. 3 Month Food Storage
5. Year Supply Food Storage
6. Non-food Items 3 Months and Yearly Storage
7. How to set up and store your food storage
8. Sanitation Emergency Preparedness
9. Shelter Emergerncy Preparedness
10. First-Aid Kits and First-aid and CPR classes
11. How to plant a vegetable garden (also container gardens)
12. Workshops on Emergency Preparedness
13. A Ward Emergency Preparedness Response Team and Committee
14. What if there is an earthquake, what to do before, during and afterwards
15. How to cook during an emergency situation and different types of cooking units/techniques
16. Self-Reliance: Spiritual, Personal, Financial, Educational, Physcial, and Emergency Preparedness
And much, much more to come!
***This posting and those below are still in progress and will change as information is added****
Sister Nancy Cuppett
Ward Emergency Preparedness Leader